What you need to know
- This program supports individual artists and project group/companies of up to five artists
- Applications from local artists and those with strong ties to the Waverley area are strongly encouraged
- Applications from artists who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD), LGBTQI+, d/Deaf or people with disability are strongly encouraged
- Projects that embrace and promote environmentally sustainable practices are encouraged
- Collaborative proposals and cross-disciplinary projects are encouraged, and proposals of any artform will be considered
- Applicants must have an active ABN, be Australian citizens/permanent residents and be aged 18 years or older.
- Pending finalisation of Waverley’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, selected applicants will need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination on request.
- Residencies fall within 23 May to 18 June 2022.
- Residences are 1 - 4 weeks in length with access to the building available from 9am - 6pm, Monday - Saturday.
- All projects will have a dedicated space for the duration of the residency
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Artist stipends
- Venue (spaces vary from a fully equipped theatre to flexible multipurpose rooms- click here to learn more)
- Technical equipment and limited technical support, to be negotiated with each selected artist/group if required
- Private residency spaces, with dedicated common areas and scheduled opportunities to come together with other resident artists to share and collaborate
- Access to the Bondi Story Room database of local research
- Support from Waverley’s Arts and Culture team for local information and contacts where applicable.
A panel made up of Waverley Council’s Arts and Culture staff and industry peers will assess applications against the following selection criteria:
- Alignment with the Housewarming Program’s themes and objectives
- Quality of the project proposal and track-record of the artists
- Potential for the project to be part of future Waverley Council programs or events
- Benefit of the residency to the project.
EOI has concluded