Council decided to undertake a minor renovation of the South Bronte Amenities and Community Centre instead of the knockdown, rebuild originally recommended. Due to the amount of construction underway and planned at Bronte, Council decided to defer construction until after the Surf Club project is finished.
The minor refresh includes:
- Levelling and resurfacing floors
- Updating building fittings, fixtures and finishes where required
- Re-painting building
- Renovating seating
- Replacing clock lighting
- Replacing kitchenettes in both Community Rooms
- Adjust lane ropes cupboard in Community Room
- Fixing capping on entry steps.
For safety, the public amenities and community rooms will be closed for approximately 2 weeks each while works are being undertaken in each area. Works are scheduled to commence 11 May and be completed in June 2020. The closure of the building may need to be extended should weather delay works or should additional works be required.