Bondi Festival Local is an exciting way for local businesses, organisations and groups to present their very own satellite shows, workshops and events across the Bondi Festival dates.
Welcoming submissions from music gigs and author talks through to open-mic nights, art exhibitions and everything in between, Bondi Festival Local is a celebration of local artists, live venues and grass roots organisations within our iconic neighbourhood.
By participating in Bondi Festival Local, you will receive:
- Event inclusion and promotion via the Bondi Festival website
- Inclusion in the overall Festival marketing, social media and publicity campaigns
- Festival-branded digital assets to help promote your event
- Increased awareness of your business’ cultural cachet among a diverse range of event attendees, incorporating both locals and visitors
- Engagement with existing customers and potential new customers through direct access to thousands of participants
- Inclusion in an exciting and evolving local arts festival
Expressions of interest close on Friday 21 April 2023.
Before submitting an expression of interest, please review the terms and conditions and read all of the information below. We will also be holding an information session on Wednesday 19 March at 4pm AEDT for you to learn more and ask questions, more information will be available soon.
If you need any assistance, or have any questions related to the program, please email email@example.com
How to apply - EOI now closed
The Bondi Festival Local program is for arts and cultural events. We are seeking proposals from local businesses, groups, venues and organisations to host events that respond to Bondi Festival’s values of celebrating:
The program will not include projects that are deemed to be brand activations and/or marketing projects. If you are interested in these kind of sponsorship opportunities, please visit our Partnerships page. Please note, submitting your event does not automatically grant the event inclusion in the program.
- Artist-led: Bondi Festival Local is designed to showcase projects that have artists and creative ideas at their core
- Accessible: Free or affordable to attend, appealing, and highly accessible to a broad variety of demographics, including families, older people and people living with disability
- Opportunities: Provides opportunities for our vibrant local arts community
- Unique: Contributes something unique and appealing to the Bondi Festival Local program
- Vibe: Aligns with Bondi Festival’s values.
Examples of events suited to the Bondi Festival Local program:
- Live music gigs
- Open-mic nights
- Comedy nights
- ‘Meet the Author’ talks
- Food Safaris
- Theatre shows
- Art exhibitions
- ‘Meet the Artists’ gallery event
- Specially-themed edition of a regular arts and culture event, or an extension of your regular artistic/creative services.
Examples of events not suited to the Bondi Festival Local program:
- Regular events e.g. weekly pub trivia, book club, etc.
- Regular classes e.g. yoga, dance, pilates, etc.
- Regular workshops e.g. guitar lessons, etc.
- Brand launches and launch parties
- Brand activations and promotions
- Set menus at restaurants.
- If I sign up to the program, will you program artists into my venue?
- Do Bondi Festival Local events have to give a cut of the ticket sales to Bondi Festival?
- Will Bondi Festival provide marketing and PR for Bondi Festival Local events?
- Will Bondi Festival staff be available to help me deliver my event?
- I am a local organisation but don’t have a venue in which to present my event. Will Bondi Festival help me arrange a venue?
- Can my regular (weekly/monthly) event be included in the Bondi Festival Local program?
- Will Bondi Festival help me acquire licenses, permits and/or insurance?
- Will Bondi Festival pay the artists/performers?
- Will Bondi Festival help me organise ticketing to the event?
- Can I talk to someone before I submit my EOI?
- When will I know if my event has been accepted into Bondi Festival Local?