Council is seeking feedback on the Draft Electric Vehicle Transportation Policy.
The purpose of the Policy is to support the uptake of electric vehicles in the Waverley Local Government Area (LGA).
The transport sector makes a significant portion of Waverley’s community greenhouse gas emissions. Increasing electric vehicle (EV) uptake within the LGA presents a key opportunity to decarbonise local transport and help achieve Council’s strong emission reduction targets. The Electric Vehicle Transportation Policy is designed to assist Council in strategically guiding electric vehicle support infrastructure and other electric vehicle incentive programs.
This Policy proposes that where Council provides EV charging, the electricity will be renewable. It also outlines the principles to be used when installing EV chargers on the street or in Council car parks. These principles can be found on page four of the policy:
- Locations prioritised appropriately
- Appropriate EV charging is provided
- Streetscape impact is minimised
- EV charging locations are actively promoted with signage
- Council cooperates with other agencies and stakeholders to accelerate EV charger roll out.
How to have your say
We are looking for feedback on the principles listed above and the overall Policy. Once you have read through you can provide input in the following ways:
- Provide an online submission
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to: Emily Scott, General Manager, Waverley Council, PO Box 9, Bondi Junction, NSW 1355
Please submit your feedback by 11.59pm, 19 November 2021.