Applications are now closed and proposed members will be taken to Council on 4 April 2023 for endorsement.
The Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC) meets four times per year. We encourage applications from the following groups:
- Young people
- Community representatives
- Representatives of local services, regional agencies, or peak bodies which work with people from culturally diverse backgrounds
Waverley is home to people from all parts of the world, with almost 40% of residents being born overseas and 21% speaking a language other than English. Waverley Council values this diversity and is committed to building a community which is resilient and inclusive.
To support this, Council has MAC which provides a forum for people to:
- Find out what’s happening in the Waverley community in regard to diverse communities
- Tackle broad local issues
- Help improve Council’s access and inclusion strategies
- Participate in activities and events that promote community harmony and social cohesion
- Develop networks and community partnerships
For more information about the MAC, read the Terms of Reference.