You may have seen or heard about the projects we’ve been working on in Bondi Junction. They’re all part of a bigger picture strategy to transform the area into a:
- first choice place to live
- vibrant and sustainable urban precinct where people want to come to work and play
- centre that has public and private spaces that are of a high design quality
- centre that makes the most out of potential development opportunities and showcases leading sustainable infrastructure.
To make this possible, we're focusing on three core areas and their corresponding projects:
- West Oxford Street Precinct Plan
- Complete Streets
- Bondi Junction Pedestrian Access Mobility Plan (PAMP)
- Eastgate Car Park Upgrade
- Economic Development
- Waverley Bike Plan
- Our partnership with Transport for NSW
- Light Rail
- Green Infrastructure Masterplan
- Building Futures Partnership
- Enhancing Council’s own Assets
For more information on each of these projects please click here to download the latest edition of Waverley in Focus.
We’ve got a big job to do and we need your help to ensure it’s done right. We want to hear what projects matter most to you and if there’s any other aspect of Bondi Junction we’ve overlooked.
The first step in this process is for you to come up with a name for our Bondi Junction project.
We need it to be aspirational, exciting and most importantly, we need it to be memorable and resonate with everyone.
How can I get involved?
We’ll accept submissions from 9am Monday 15 September until 5pm Monday 13 October 2014. You can make a submission in the following ways:
- Have your say online by using the submission form below
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing marked:
Communications and Engagement
Waverley Council Chambers
Cnr Paul St and Bondi Road
Bondi Junction, NSW 2022
How will you decide the name for the future of Bondi Junction?
After collating all the submissions, a panel, which will include the Mayor and Council staff from the Bondi Junction project teams, will pick a name based on creativity and relevance (please click here for Terms and Conditions). A name will be chosen on Friday 17 October and the winner will be notified shortly after.
Will you tell me the other results from the survey?
Yes, we’ll collate all the information and the results will be on our website by late October.
They will also feature in the next edition of Waverley in Focus, due out in December.
Do I get anything if my name for the future of Bondi Junction is chosen?
The winner of the naming competition will receive a $100 Westfield voucher and will get to see their creation as the brand of Bondi Junction's future. The winner will also be profiled in December’s Waverley in Focus.
Need further info?
For project-specific information give our Customer Service team a call on 9369 8000.
If you have any overall questions about the survey or naming competition, please email email@example.com.