Waverley Council acknowledges the Bidjigal, Birrabirragal and Gadigal people, who traditionally occupied the Sydney Coast and we also acknowledge and pay respect to Aboriginal Elders both past and present.
We are seeking expressions of interest for our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Advisory Committee to provide cultural advice, guidance, feedback and support around the implementation and monitoring of actions, projects and commitments identified in the Waverley Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2019—2021 and assist with the development of a new RAP.
The term of membership is two years or when reviewed by Council.
The committee will have a maximum of 11 members, plus the chair, comprised of the following:
- Up to three Waverley Councillors
- Up to eight community members (a community member may be an individual from the community or a representative of a community organisation)
At least one of the following must apply to community members:
- Traditional Custodians and Elders of the Waverley area
- Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islander Peoples who live, work or have a connection to the Waverley and surrounding areas.
- Representatives from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community groups and organisations that operate and/or are located within the jurisdiction of the La Perouse Local Aboriginal Land Council.
How to apply
- Click here to download the EOI form
- Please email EOI form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the online form below
- Applications open 12 April 2023 and close 10 May 2023
Need more information?