Thank you to everyone who provided feedback to the draft Local Housing Strategy. The final version was adopted by Council at the 2 June 2020 Council meeting, and can be found in the 'Document Library'
In March 2018, the NSW Government brought in state-wide changes to the planning framework. These changes require all councils to have a Local Housing Strategy which would provide a 20-year housing vision for the LGA. We have now developed a draft Strategy which we would like your feedback on.
The future of housing is an important issue in the Waverley community. We listened to the community's feedback on housing through the Community Strategic Plan (CSP), Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS), and Local Housing Discussion Paper (LHDP) which highlighted the need to develop a holistic vision for sustainable development. This aligns with the state government requirement.
The housing vision is supported by five main priorities listed below:
- H1 – Manage housing growth sustainably and in the right locations
- H2 – Encourage a range of housing options to support and retain a diverse community
- H3 - Increase the amount of affordable rental and social housing
- H4 - Improve liveability, sustainability and accessibility through high-quality residential design
- H5 - Ensure new development is consistent with the desired future character
The priorities and actions are outlined in the implementation and delivery plan, which you can access in the 'Document Library'.
Have Your Say
We would like your feedback on the draft Local Housing Strategy. You can submit your feedback in the following ways:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Send a written submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating reference SF19/3075
- Post a written submission to The General Manager, Waverley Council, PO Box 9, Bondi Junction NSW 1355, stating reference SF19/3075
Feedback received will inform the finalisation of the Local Housing Strategy.