Birrell Street is a major road in Waverley, connecting people to several community hubs in the east and beyond. It is well utilised by drivers, cyclists and pedestrians but after many years of use it has a number of aging, dated and failed infrastructure assets which need to be addressed.
What we're proposing
Waverley Council is exploring a number of improvements to Birrell Street, between Newland Street and Henrietta Street, including:
- Road resurfacing and rehabilitation
- Intersection improvements (kerb extensions, continuous footpaths etc.)
- Increased greenery with new trees planted
- Replacement of traffic calming devices
- Upgrades to bike riding infrastructure, without any loss of parking (two options being proposed)
Have your say
The survey has now closed and a consultation report will be available to the public early January 2023 .
Waverley Council conducted a Have Your Say day at Bondi Markets (Bondi Beach Public School) on Saturday 26 November from 9am-12pm for community members to learn more about the project, ask questions and give feedback on the proposed renewal.