Update: Thank you to everyone who provided a submission. At the 8 December 2020 and subsequent Council meeting on 16 February 2021, Council has now appointed 11 members to the Committee (including Councillors). Please click here to read the most recent Council report (starting pg. 187) and click here to read the minutes (pg. 13).
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a new Cultural Advisory Committee to help oversee the implementation and ongoing performance of the Waverley Council Cultural Plan 2020—2025*, and to provide advice to Council on major cultural issues, initiatives and opportunities. Membership will be for a term of two years.
- Arts industry professional
- Expertise and experience in the advancement of arts and culture, representing a mix of art forms
- Experience in sourcing sponsorship, philanthropy or other partnership opportunities
- Experience in working with community groups
The Committee will have maximum 11 people, plus the chair, comprised of the following:
- Up to three Waverley Councillors
- Up to six industry professionals with a minimum of three Waverley residents
- Up to two arts and cultural organisation representatives from sector-specific bodies such as the Australia Council for the Arts and Create NSW
Scope of the Committee
The scope of the Cultural Advisory Committee in providing advice, includes the following:
- Events Policy and Guidelines
- Artists in Residence Programs
- Bondi Pavilion and Boot Factory arts and culture programming
- Bondi Story Room themes, content and program development
- Mentorship programs and other community and creative sector networking programs/opportunities
- Funding: grants, philanthropy, sponsorship
- Promotion and communication of Waverley’s cultural infrastructure and programs
Limitations to scope:
- The Cultural Advisory Committee is an advisory body only
- The Cultural Advisory Committee notes the operation of the Public Art Committee, and is obligated to remain informed of PAC activities and recommendations
Requirements of Committee Members
To attend Committee meetings and contribute to achieving the objectives of the Waverley Cultural Advisory Committee. Other duties that may reasonably be determined and agreed by Committee members.
Where a committee member does not attend scheduled committee meetings on three consecutive occasions without advising Council staff, they are deemed to have retired from the Committee.
How Committee Members will be chosen
The Committee’s selection panel will comprise:
- Chairperson of the Committee, or in the absence of a Chairperson, GM or GM’s delegate
- Executive Manager, Communications, Culture and Events
- Manager, Arts and Culture
A recommendation about the membership of the Waverley Cultural Advisory Committee will be prepared for the consideration and endorsement of Council. Officers may seek further information from nominees or their referees as part of the selection process.
Need more information?
Please click here to read the full Terms of Reference for the Cultural Committee.
You can also contact Tanya Goldberg, Council's Executive Manager, Communications, Culture and Events at email@example.com or 9083 8146.
*The draft Cultural Plan went on public exhibition earlier this year, and we are currently reviewing feedback and making amendments before finalising. Please click here for more information, you can also 'Follow Project' on this page to be kept up-to-date.