Council decided to undertake a minor renovation of the South Bronte Amenities and Community Centre instead of the knockdown, rebuild originally recommended. Due to the amount of construction underway and planned at Bronte, Council decided to defer construction until after the Surf Club project is finished.
Following two rounds of community consultation architects, Panovscott developed a concept design (see the "Concept design" image gallery present on this page).
The DA design included:
- additional outdoor showers
- larger female, male and family/accessible amenities
- paired back footprint to reveal heritage headland
- exposed stonewall incorporated into the design
- functional and accessible interiors and roof terrace
- light and airy internal spaces