Waverley Council is beautifying village centres through the installation of planter boxes at various locations across the LGA. Locations have been deliberately chosen to allow officers to test plant palettes and operational management of the planters on a smaller scale, before reviewing potential expansion to other areas in the LGA.
Installation took place in November 2021 at the following locations:
- Bronte Beach Village
- Campbell Parade at North Bondi Bus Terminus
- Grafton Street (Adelaide Street to Newland Street)
- Macpherson Street at Lugar Street
- Macpherson Street at St Thomas Street
- Murriverie Road at Mitchell Street
- Old South Head Road (Strickland Street to Onslow Street)
- Old South Head Road at Oceanview Avenue
Installations are taking place from February 2022 at the following locations:
- Charing Cross
- Oxford Street Mall (hanging baskets only)
Plant selection has been informed by the Species List in Waverley Council’s Public Domain Technical Manual, which considers the qualities of the place, its history, uses, the needs of the community and the natural environment. More information on our proposed planting scheme and planter locations is available here.
The planters selected have been tested in road and footpath environments for performance, safety, and longevity. They are of simple design and do not conflict with heritage design nor do they attempt to be pseudo-heritage in nature. They are in line with the aesthetic of other surrounding Councils. The planters will be watered and maintained by council’s contractors weekly or as required.
Have your say
We want to hear your thoughts on the proposed location of planter boxes.
You can have your say by:
- Filling in the online survey for the relevant install location below
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Mailing: c/o General Manager, PO Box 9, Bondi Junction NSW 1355
Please note that all submissions will form part of Council’s public record and as such may be made publicly available. Your name and contact details will be kept confidential.
We are committed to making sure you can access the information you need in a format that is right for you. If you would like information supplied in another language or format, please contact us on 9083 8999.
Other helpful contacts include:
- 131 450 to speak with the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- 133 677 TTY/voice calls
- 1300 555 727 Speak & Listen
- 0423 677 767 SMS relay