EOI period has concluded
UPDATE: At the 25 May 2021 Council meeting, Councillors appointed representatives to the Access and Inclusion Advisory Panel. Please click here to read the report (from pg. 127) and click here to read the minutes (pg. 17).
We are seeking expressions of interest to join the newly established Access and Inclusion Advisory Panel.
The aim of the panel is to promote an inclusive community and enhance the inclusion and participation of people with disability in community life.
The panel will support the development and implementation of the Waverley Disability and Inclusion Action Plan, as well as provide advice on key initiatives across Council to achieve improved outcomes for people with disability in Waverley.
The Terms of Reference for the Panel are available to view from the Document library (right). A word version is also available in the Document Library.
Panel membership will comprise:
- The Mayor (or the Mayor's delegate) and three Councillors
- Up to eight community members who have a direct experience of disability either personally, professionally or through a care/support role.
The term of membership is two years. Community members will be appointed on an individual basis and not as a representative of an organisation, advocacy body, or stakeholder group.
Meetings of the panel will be held three times per year in March, June, and September each year. Panel members must be available to attend all three meetings unless otherwise approved by the Chair.
In recognition of the expert advice sought by Council from the panel, each community representative will be paid a nominal fee of $200 per meeting.
Candidates will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Live, work or study in the Waverley LGA or the Eastern Suburbs
- Have capacity to contribute views and perspectives that represent, as far as is possible, a diverse range of disability
- Have an interest in and the capacity to provide advice on one or more of the following:
- the built environment and urban planning
- social inclusion and civic participation
- economic participation
- promotion of inclusive attitudes and behaviours
- the development, implementation and review of Council’s strategies, policies and practices.
- Be willing to make an active contribution to the review and delivery of the Waverley Disability Inclusion Action Plan.
- Be available to participate in meetings out of business hours.
How to apply: Complete the online Expression of Interest form below
Alternatively, please click here for a hard copy expression of interest form, or here for an Easy English form, and return via:
- Email to: email@example.com
- Post to: Community Programs, PO Box 9, Bondi Junction 1355
- Submissions close 6 May 2021.
Help to submit your EOI
Applicants may ask for help to complete the Expression of Interest form. Council’s Community Development Officer Access and Inclusion is available to provide support and can be contacted on 9083 8919 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.