The works will include:
- Replacing the existing pedestrian island with a raised pedestrian crossing, as outlined in the Tamarama Park Plan of Management
- Removing six light poles from the Gully-side of Tamarama Marine Drive and replacing them with energy-efficient, dimmable light poles on the footpath side of the road
- Upgrading existing bus shelters to increase visibility and pedestrian access
- Moving one bus shelter slightly further down Tamarama Marine Drive, towards Bronte, to increase accessibility and ensure safety of commuters when alighting or boarding buses. One parking space will be lost to accommodate the bus zone.
- Widening parts of the footpath
- New traffic and pedestrian signage
A mark up of the safety improvements is available for your reference.
How feedback was collected
From 23 March – 13 April 2022 we collected feedback from the community on the proposed safety upgrades. Feedback was collected via the following methods:
- The online survey below
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: c/o General Manager, PO Box 9, Bondi Junction NSW 1355
- Have Your Say Day: Council officers were onsite to talk to residents on Saturday 9 April from 8-10am
Please note that all submissions will form part of Council’s public record and as such may be made publicly available. Your name and contact details will be kept confidential.